The VSS-2 Single Stroke Honing® System is designed for low maintenance with "lubed for life" linear slides. A standard 7.5 kW (10 Hp) spindle motor, a rock solid cast iron spindle carriage, a thermal-resistant composite base, and a thick steel tooling plate combine to make the VSS-2 the most productive and durable machine in its class. The machine is easy to set up and operate, even by less skilled operators. All setups are accomplished through the control panel at the front of the machine. There is no need to remove covers or doors to set vertical carriage positions as in some other machines.
The VSS-2 can handle diameters from 3.9 to 50 mm (0.154 to 2.0 inch) contingent on the application. To ensure precise bore size, geometry and surface finish, the system uses Sunnen plated diamond Single Stroke Honing® Tools. The tools go through the bore only once, removing a predetermined amount of stock, progressively enlarging the bore. After the final pass, the bore is to size, straight and round, with the desired surface texture.
- Designed for low maintenance
- Easy set ups, multiple programs are stored in the control
- Outstanding performance
- Superior customer service and technical field support that customers have come to expect from Sunnen Products Company
- The most productive and durable machine in its class
- Can be customized
- Lifetime application service with every machine purchase