SVL-2100 Series Lapping Machines
- Workpiece diameter range 6.5 to 20 mm (.256 to .787 in.)
- Workpiece bore length range: up to 12 times bore diameter but not to exceed 200 mm (7.874 in)
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Automated lapping is more consistent than manual lapping
- Rugged, solid cast polymer base reduces vibration
- Spindle speed range is 100-2000 rpm during lapping, but is capable of slow speeds for non-powered steps, such as lapping paste application or slow-rotation bore entry
- Laps and gage probes have been developed for the SVL series, and easy tooling and probe changeovers accommodate frequent changes during the course of a shift.
- Lifetime application service with every machine purchase
Sunnen's new SVL-2115 automated lapping machine brings increased productivity and part consistency to what is traditionally a manual process. Based on the same machine platform as the popular SV-2100 honing system, the SVL-2115 provides single setup processing of hydraulic valves, sleeves, fuel system components and other parts that are prone to distortion when honed. The walkaway system uses an index table to automatically lap and air gage bores throughout the cycle. Gage readings are fed back to the control and the cycle is repeated until the parts are within spec.