Sunnen is the technological leader for the high precision honing of all types of small engine applications. Your Sunnen solution will help you build more efficient, cleaner and longer running engines that comply with strict new emissions standards.
Our advanced, precision bore machining technology:
- Delivers improved bore accuracy for reduced emissions, reduced blow-by, higher power and lower oil consumption
- Reduces the clearance between the bore and the piston, increasing engine efficiency
- Creates surface finishes that provide better oil retention for longer engine life
- Provides improved process control and greater accuracy for reduced customer warranty claims
We can provide a system for virtually any small engine application, including:
- A wide range of materials and surface finishes
- Bore diameters from 1,5 mm – 165 mm (.118 inch – 6.5 inch)*
- Ported bores or simple bores
- Open or blind bores
Sunnen produces the industry’s largest selection of honing machines – horizontal or vertical, single or multi-spindle, automated or manual, standard or customized – and our systems are designed with a focus on reliability, flexibility and ease of use.
* Other sizes available upon review.
* Video Requires QuickTime Player - Download Now