- Conventional Abrasives: Grit Sizes: 01=36 to 27=600
- Conventional Abrasives Sizes: 7,9 x 7,9 x 152,4 mm (.3125 x .3125 x 6 in) to 12,7 x 12,7 x 152, 4 mm (.5 x .5 x 6 in)
FEATURES & BENEFITS
GH Abrasives supply four common types of cutting particles (grits) for honing different materials:
- Aluminum Oxide (AO)
- In vitrified bonds - an excellent choice for cutting mild steel, iron, monel, stainless, inconal and hastalloy. In resin bonds - excellent for honing rough or out-of-round bores.
- Silicon Carbide (SC)
- In vitrified bonds - good for cutting hardened steel, cast iron, non-ferrous material, plastic, and precise finish honing.
- Cubic Bond Nitride (CBN)
- In metal bonds - excellent for accelerated stock removal and long abrasive life in ferrous material.
- Diamond (D)
- In metal bonds - Excellent for accelerated stock removal and long abrasive life in cast iron, carbide, titanium, silicon carbide and other exotic materials.
General Hone, a Sunnen Company, manufactures and supplies the broadest line of honing abrasives designed to remove large amounts of material more quickly than usually believed possible. The line includes a wide array of mounted and un-mounted abrasives with many choices of grit types, sizes and formulations suited for every requirement. General Hone abrasives also produce close size control and accurate geometry at the same time.