Longevity & Reliability for Diesel Equipment
Sunnen is the technological leader of high-precision honing for a variety of off-road and diesel engine applications. We partner with our customers to manufacture parts that allow diesel engines to run more cleanly, more efficiently and more reliably. Our approach is formed by decades spent in the engine-building industry as well as solving complex bore sizing and finishing challenges.
Power in Precision
Sunnen’s honing solutions are ideal for a variety of diesel engine components, including connecting rods, cylinder liners, fuel injectors and more. Our honing machines are versatile enough to run a variety of low-to-mid volume applications, or can be automated to fit high-production manufacturing requirements.
Our diesel engine honing systems:
- Create greater consistency of surface finishes, resulting in less wear, better lubricity, and longer part life
- Provide improved process control and greater accuracy for fewer class sizes and lower manufacturing costs
- Provide greater system reliability and tool life, meaning fewer tool changes and less operator intervention
Sunnen’s honing solutions are available for virtually any diesel application, including our unique, industry-leading systems for diesel fuel injectors, designed for:
- A wide range of fuel injector materials and surface finishes
- Bore diameters from 3–32 mm (.118 inch -1.26 inch) *others available upon review,
- Landed bores, blind bores, or simple bores, with and without cross holes and grooves
- Individual injectors or common rail system components
The Sunnen solution goes beyond machinery to include all the tooling, abrasives, fixtures, honing fluids, bore gages and accessories needed to keep a honing operation running smoothly. We also offer an unmatched three-year warranty on machines that includes support from our global team of honing experts. Across industries and applications, we partner with our customers to deliver comprehensive value.